- Supports calculating of fuel consumption
Example: Specific fuel consumption is the ratio of the total hourly fuel consumption of the main and auxiliary engines to the driven shaft power
- Permanent monitoring of propeller, and shaftpower and system condition
Example: Propulsion efficiency = calculated drag power / measured shaftpower
- Main performance parameters for shipyards and shipowners
Example: Determination of the energy efficiency parameter (EEDI) with the shaftpower measurement
- Tool to optimize and improve the performance and efficiency of a ship
Example: Due to the availability of the measuring device (24/7) a permanent comparison of measured data and ships is possible. With additionally installed measuring devices for consumption measurement and a data logger incl. Visualization, changes in ship operation can be detected quickly.
- Ship installations for new buildings and retrofits
Example: tankers, container ships, cargo ships (dry freighters), ferries, etc.