Overspeed protection devices are prescribed on combustion engines with a cylinder capacity> 220 KW by the classification societies.
- The overspeed protection devices are designed to protect the machines from damage by exceeding set RPM limits.
- A variety of safety-related operating parameters, such as falling lubricant pressure can be easily simulated and check the switching points.
- A review of the overspeed protection device, as required in the annual machine inspection, is not so easy to implement.
- A start-up of overspeed, the switching point and function control, is usually not possible (fixed propeller drive) or dangerous.
- The knowledge of this problem means that in practice the over-speed tests are not or only very limited
Here we can help you with the overspeed tester / simulator.