Overspeedtester / Simulator (OTM)
Overspeed protection devices are prescribed on combustion engines with a cylinder capacity> 220 KW by the classification societies.
- The overspeed protection devices are designed to protect the machines from damage by exceeding set RPM limits.
- A variety of safety-related operating parameters, such as falling lubricant pressure can be easily simulated and check the switching points.
- A review of the overspeed protection device, as required in the annual machine inspection, is not so easy to implement.
- A start-up of overspeed, the switching point and function control, is usually not possible (fixed propeller drive) or dangerous.
- The knowledge of this problem means that in practice the over-speed tests are not or only very limited
Here we can help you with the overspeed tester / simulator.
The OTM overspeed tester and simulator allows a check of overspeed safely incl. Speed pickup test.
By connecting the OTM in series to the existing overspeed protection system, both the generated signals of the pickups are measured, displayed and checked for plausibility and sent a freely adjustable speed value to the overspeed protection device. That The engine can be at standstill as well as at any other speed undergo a real over-speed test.
- Test of the input signals (pickup test)
- Overspeed test possible at any speed
- Overspeed test also possible during machine downtime
- Plausibility test of signals during overspeed test
- 30 machine types in the device Memory and Programmable
- The device is supplied with a machine-specific plug-in set
- Machine specific programming included
- Adapter for the different engine types