The IMO (MEPC 76) adopted amendments to the MARPOL Annex VI to reduce their greenhouse gases. These amendments combine technical and operational approaches to improve the energy efficiency of ships, also providing important building blocks for future GHG reduction measures.
The new measures will require all ships to calculate their Energy Efficiency Existing Ship Index (EEXI) following technical means to improve their energy efficiency. Ships have to attain EEXI approval once in a lifetime, by the first periodical survey in 2023 at the latest.
The differences between the two neccessary EEXI:
The required EEXI value is determined by the ship type, the ship’s capacity and principle of propulsion and is the maximum acceptable attained EEXI value.
The attained EEXI must be calculated for the individual ship, which falls under the regulation.
Our service offer:
- Calculation of attained EEXI and required EPL or ShaPoLi
- Assistance to get a valid Speed-Power curve
- Delivery of EEXI technical file
- Short assessment on other improvement options
- Conducted by experienced Naval Architects and Master Mariner with over 20 years experiences
OUR MISSION – YOUR SUPPORT
Ensure compliance in the best possible manner!
Have we piqued your interest? We are happy to assist you. Email Link (firstname.lastname@example.org)