Shaft power and torque measurement with the TORXmeter®mkII
The optimal operation of ship system has become increasingly important in recent years. The development of fuel costs and the various regulations for an energy-efficient ship make this type of measurement technology indispensable.
Shaft power measurement is an important measurement tool for complex ship machine monitoring and diagnostics. Not only the torque is determined, but also the shaft speed, so that the shaft power can be calculated from these two variables.
The TORXmeter® mkII shaft power measurement system is one of the most cost-effective and easy-to-install solutions for speed, torque, and power measurement on marine shafts.
- Supports calculating of fuel consumption
Example: Specific fuel consumption is the ratio of the total hourly fuel consumption of the main and auxiliary engines to the driven shaft power
- Permanent monitoring of propeller, and shaft system condition
Example: Propulsion efficiency = calculated drag power / measured shaft power
- Main performance parameters for shipyards and shipowners
Example: Determination of the energy efficiency parameter (EEDI)
- Tool to optimize and improve the performance and efficiency of a ship
Example: Due to the availability of the measuring device (24/7) a permanent comparison of measured data and ships is possible. With additionally installed measuring devices for consumption measurement and a data logger incl. Visualization, changes in ship operation can be detected quickly.
- Ship installations for new buildings and retrofits
Example: tankers, container ships, cargo ships (dry freighters), ferries, etc.
- Easy installation (no service technician necessary)
- Flexible installation options (installation length and shaft diameter)
- Little space needed
- No electronics on the shaft
- Wear and tear free measuring principle
- High IP class (IP67) (sensor is immune to grease, dirt, liquids and condensation)
- Components can be easily replaced (plug and play)
- Error diagnosis easily possible by email